On demand webinar: hybrid working – the new normal?
You can now view the recording of our webinar on the issue of hybrid working arrangements and the latest developments in employment law. The webinar was recorded on 1 July 2021. To view the recording, click here. To view the slides, click here.
During the webinar we give you practical guidance on the issues that employers should take into account when considering introducing a hybrid working arrangement. We then had a round-up of the latest employment law cases that employers should be aware of.
Hybrid working arrangements – employment law implications
The Prime Minister has announced that the easing of restrictions that was due to take place on 21 June has been delayed until 19 July. The guidance remains that people should work from home if they can until then. However, once restrictions are finally lifted, will employees ever go back to the pre-pandemic practice of full time working in the office? In a recent survey by the BBC of 50 large employers, covering 1.1 million workers in the UK, 43 said that they would embrace a mix of home and office working. The Government has also recently indicated its intention to consult on the proposal to make flexible working the default, unless there are good reasons not to.
Many employers will be reviewing their working models and considering the introduction of hybrid working arrangements for their workforce post-pandemic. The number of hybrid workers, who spend part of their time working from their workplace and part of their time working from home, is set to increase.
For employers considering a change to hybrid working arrangements, we guide you through some of the practical issues to consider, including:
- What is hybrid working and what are the key advantages and disadvantages?
- Do we need to change employees’ contracts of employment?
- Should we introduce a hybrid working policy?
- What are the practical aspects of hybrid working that we need to consider?
- Will we be able to change or end hybrid working if it does not work well?
- What is the difference between hybrid working and flexible working requests?
Employment law and case law update
In the second part of our webinar, we bring you a round-up of the latest updates in employment law, including:
- The latest Government and ACAS guidance on the return to work.
- Emerging cases on Coronavirus related dismissals – staying away from the workplace; and refusal to wear face masks.
- Equality Awareness Training – does it protect employers against claims of harassment?
- Possible changes to employment law – including flexible working, redundancy protection and “fire and re-hire”.
02 July 2021
If you would like to receive monthly employment law updates and news of our events, sign up for our email alerts.
©2021 SCRASE LAW LTD. THIS POST IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY AND IS NOT ADVICE. YOU ARE RECOMMENDED TO SEEK COMPETENT PROFESSIONAL ADVICE BEFORE TAKING ANY ACTION ON THE BASIS OF THIS POST