Harassment at Work – presentation now available
Our seminar on harassment at work took place on 1 December at Bristol Pavilion. A copy of the slides can now be downloaded by following this link:
The seminar set out the legal definition of harassment at work:
- What is unwanted conduct?
- What does ‘has the purpose or effect’ mean
- What is meant by ‘violating dignity’ or ‘creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment’
- Employer’s responsibility for acts committed by employees or third parties
and also the practical steps that employers can take to reduce their risk
- Understanding the ‘reasonable steps’ defence
- The role of policies and procedures
- The importance of training staff
An important part of any ‘reasonable steps’ defence is training. Scrase Employment Solicitor’s Equality Awareness training can be provided ‘in-house’. It provides a topical, lively and informative overview of equality in the workplace, including harassment at work. To find out more, click here.