Employment Law Update on 28 June 2016
With employment contracts masterclass
Thornbury Golf Centre – M5 (Junctions 14/16)
Summer is here again so it’s time for our 17th bi-annual Employment Law Update designed to keep HR professionals up to date with everything they need to know about employment law.
As always, we will examine the latest developments in employment law including gender pay gap reporting and the latest on the Trade Union Act 2016 as well as recent case law.
The seminar will also include a masterclass on employment contracts. Contracts of employment underpin every employment relationship, although they are often forgotten about until something goes wrong. HR professionals need to have a good understanding of the principles of contract law and how they apply to employment contracts.
Delegate feedback from our January employment law update
“Thank you for an informative day, in a fun, relaxing environment, its great to have the legal side explained in a practical way”
“Many thanks, as informative & well presented as ever”
“It was excellent – as always!”
10.00 – Coffee and Registration
10.30 – Introduction
10.45 – Contracts of employment Masterclass – Part 1, including;
- Making the offer of employment and what needs to be in the contract?
- What happens if an employer wants to withdraw the offer before employment starts?
- Sources of contractual terms including implied terms and collective agreements
- The meaning of an entire agreement clause
- Employee handbooks – should they be contractual or not?
12.00 – Contracts of employment masterclass – Part 2, including;
- Amending terms and conditions of employment
- Can an employer recover training costs on termination?
- Pay in lieu of notice (PILON) clauses
- Post termination restrictions
- Frustration of contract due to the imprisonment of an employee
13.00 – Lunch
14.00 – Round up of the latest developments in employment law including;
- Gender pay gap reporting
- Trade Union Act 2016
- Changes to Data Protection law
14.45 – Case law roundup including cases on;
- Employee absences
- Lay-off clauses
- The latest on holiday pay
15.30 – Close
£125 plus VAT per delegate (includes lunch)
FREE for ELAA clients of Scrase Employment Solicitors
Please contact Martin Augustus on 0117 985 1025
or firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place.